Sunday, March 16, 2014

I am is the only constant

In the Vedanta there is the changeless contrasted with the transient.

Brahman and Maya.

Shiva and Shakti.

These words have become obscured by time and evoke in our mind images of legendary beings and far away realities.

The reality behind these things is far more immediate and at work constantly in our mundane life.

It is as simple as say the force of gravity that acts on us day in and day out, while we pay little attention to it.

The changeless is I am.

The feeling of I am, the sense of being never changes.

It is the ground of all activity and experience.

The eternal changeless.

The activities and experiences keep on changing, this is the field of Maya.

Shiva is I am.

He is the power that animates all activities.

For indeed without I am no experience can appear, no activity can occur.

Everything else is Shakti, the transient forms they all appear in I am and merge in I am.

Thus Shakti has no existence without the eternal I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment